OT: KKK Physics Lesson
Harry Farkas
2003-11-25 16:57:40 UTC
Participant at KKK initiation wounded after shots fired into sky

JOHNSON CITY, Tennessee (AP) --A bullet fired in the air during a Ku Klux
Klan initiation ceremony came down and struck a participant in the head,
critically injuring him, authorities said.

Gregory Allen Freeman, 45, was charged with aggravated assault and reckless
endangerment in the Saturday night incident that wounded Jeffery S. Murr,
24.

About 10 people, including two children, had gathered for the ceremony. The
man who was being initiated was blindfolded, tied with a noose to a tree and
shot with paintball guns as Freeman fired a pistol in the air to provide the
sound of real gunfire, Sheriff Fred Phillips said.

A bullet struck Murr on the top of the head and exited at the bottom of his
skull, authorities said.

Freeman fled the ceremony but was arrested near his home, authorities said.
He was released on $7,500 bail.

--
Harry Farkas
******************************
The New Mexico Cruiser
John Poulos
2003-11-25 17:17:10 UTC
How many shots were fired ?
How did one bullet come down exactly on the top of the guys skull ?
I'm thinking Jesse Jackson in a tree fired the shot at the same time as
the poor innocent racist.

Or the good Lord has a sense of humor <G>.
Post by Harry Farkas
[...]
JP/Maryland
Studebaker On the Net http://stude.com
My Ebay items:http://www.stude.com/EBAY/
60 T Cab Pickup
63 R2 4 speed Daytona HT(Md.keeper)
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
63 GT Hawk
63 Avanti R3 clone(Md.keeper)
65 Commander Wagonaire
barry
65 Commander Wagonaire
Grumpy au Contraire

Oldcarfart
2003-11-26 22:57:35 UTC
Subject: Re: OT: KKK Physics Lesson
From: Grumpy au Contraire
Well... The bullet could achieve terminal velocity on the return trip...
I thought it did reach "terminal" velocity, didn't it kill the white trash
walking piece of schitt?
Transtar60
2003-11-26 23:32:38 UTC
The TV reports indicated nothing vital was hit, just his skull.
From: Grumpy au Contraire
walking piece of schitt?
Grumpy au Contraire
2003-11-27 01:13:57 UTC
About the same material that composes most of our politicos...

Jt
From: Grumpy au Contraire
Gordon Richmond
2003-11-27 07:17:28 UTC
Yup, only a flesh wound. <BOSEG>

Gord Richmond
Sonny
The New Mexico Cruiser
John Poulos
2003-11-25 22:17:51 UTC
Better still, why would you strip the O.T. off the thread to bitch about
it. It was labeled as off topic, you hate OT posts, so why read tham and
bitch ?
Post by Harry Farkas
skull, authorities said.
Freeman fled the ceremony but was arrested near his home, authorities
said.
Post by Harry Farkas
He was released on $7,500 bail.
--
Harry Farkas
******************************
65 Commander Wagonaire
Sonny
2003-11-25 22:25:31 UTC
Hmmm, you're right about OT not being in the header, and honestly I do not
know why. I promise you that I did not strip it on purpose, it doesn't make
any sense to take OT out of the header. I'm talking by e-mail at the same
time, mebbe some glitch, I dunno. But to answer your questions, I saw the
KKK title, and decided to ask Harry why he posted it after all that's been
said. Ok?

Sonny
Post by Harry Farkas
skull, authorities said.
Freeman fled the ceremony but was arrested near his home, authorities
said.
Post by Harry Farkas
He was released on $7,500 bail.
--
Harry Farkas
******************************
65 Commander Wagonaire
John Poulos
2003-11-25 22:38:23 UTC
It may have been stripped by your IP Sonny, but I guess I missed
something. Did we elect a moderator to screen posts to meet the
standards of some unknown leader or do we send them all to you for a
S.A. (Sonny Approved) stamp to make you happy ? <g>
If that's the case, I'll have to do a civil disobedience thing and
post at least one O.T. per day.
Post by John Poulos
Post by John Poulos
Post by Harry Farkas
skull, authorities said.
Freeman fled the ceremony but was arrested near his home, authorities
said.
Post by Harry Farkas
He was released on $7,500 bail.
--
Harry Farkas
******************************
65 Commander Wagonaire
Sonny
2003-11-25 22:54:37 UTC
<LOL> No stamp needed from me. I was honestly intending to try to discuss it
in a civil manner, I really and truly want to understand the thinking behind
it. Was it was posted just to make a "kiss my butt" statement in reaction to
my complaints, or is it an honest need to create dissention, or is it a
compulsive need to promote one's political beliefs, or is it something so
aberrant to Harry that he thought he should make sure his friends here are
aware of things like this, or he hasn't seen my complaints about it,
or.........

It was a simple question John, that Harry hasn't answered yet, and hopefully
you understand my thinking now. I'm not a moderator, I'm a member here and
it bothers me. If someone can make a statement freely, can I question or
complain about it freely? Aren't we all responsible for what we say. Don't
we expect someone to agree or rebut something we say? After all, this is OT
and that's the reason it was posted I assume, for comment and/or discussion,
that's what I'm trying to do, tell Harry what my feelings are about it. Is
it OK to post such things and not OK to tell the person who posted it what I
think about it? I'm just doing what we all should be able to do here,
discuss it. I may not have the same opinion about it. I may not discuss it
at the same level you do, or with the same "volume" you do, but I'm thinking
my opinion about the subject is just as important as anyone else's, be it
good or bad. OK?

Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by John Poulos
Post by Harry Farkas
skull, authorities said.
Freeman fled the ceremony but was arrested near his home, authorities
said.
Post by Harry Farkas
He was released on $7,500 bail.
--
Harry Farkas
******************************
65 Commander Wagonaire
Sonny
2003-11-25 22:58:13 UTC
Oops, forgot the <G> at the end........

Sonny
Post by Sonny
But to answer your questions, I saw the
KKK title, and decided to ask Harry why he posted it after all that's
been
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
said. Ok?
Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by Harry Farkas
24.
About 10 people, including two children, had gathered for the
ceremony.
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
The
Post by Harry Farkas
man who was being initiated was blindfolded, tied with a noose to a
tree
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
and
Post by Harry Farkas
shot with paintball guns as Freeman fired a pistol in the air to
provide
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
the
Post by Harry Farkas
sound of real gunfire, Sheriff Fred Phillips said.
A bullet struck Murr on the top of the head and exited at the bottom
of
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
his
Post by Harry Farkas
skull, authorities said.
Freeman fled the ceremony but was arrested near his home, authorities
said.
Post by Harry Farkas
He was released on $7,500 bail.
--
Harry Farkas
******************************
65 Commander Wagonaire
John Poulos
2003-11-25 23:09:22 UTC
A short and sweet answer, is yes you can comment as much as you like,
but you are going beyond that. You are questioning a NG'ers motivation
for sharing a post, in this case a innocent and funny case of irony.
I'll let Harry probe his motivation if he is so moved, but I'm not
going to search my soul for guidance before I share anything with my NG
friends.
Post by Sonny
But to answer your questions, I saw the
KKK title, and decided to ask Harry why he posted it after all that's
been
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
said. Ok?
Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by Harry Farkas
24.
About 10 people, including two children, had gathered for the
ceremony.
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
The
Post by Harry Farkas
man who was being initiated was blindfolded, tied with a noose to a
tree
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
and
Post by Harry Farkas
shot with paintball guns as Freeman fired a pistol in the air to
provide
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
the
Post by Harry Farkas
sound of real gunfire, Sheriff Fred Phillips said.
A bullet struck Murr on the top of the head and exited at the bottom
of
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
his
Post by Harry Farkas
skull, authorities said.
Freeman fled the ceremony but was arrested near his home, authorities
said.
Post by Harry Farkas
He was released on $7,500 bail.
--
Harry Farkas
******************************
65 Commander Wagonaire
Sonny
2003-11-25 23:37:41 UTC
You still tickle the hell outa me John. Sure Harry's posting was an example
of irony, but your comment was that God may have a sense of humor, correct?
Well that's my whole point, your comment offended me, and THAT is how hate
and discontent gets started, even as "vanilla" as the post or your comment
may seem to you.

Anyway, I wasn't aware that questioning motivation was off limits, or was
even a bad thing. This group is still a real time representation of real
life isn't it? It doesn't seem to me, from what I've seen posted, that very
much is off topic. In other words, if I'm understanding you, I'm doing
something very wrong, way above and beyond what is acceptable here, by
asking someone what their motives or what they're actually thinking, about
something that they've posted? I don't want to be moderated either. <G> I
honestly dunno what you're thinking, as you've seen, and as I've said many
times previously, I think that this is what post like these generate.

I understand very well what your position is. I would never ask for careful
consideration or soul searching before someone posted something, I just ask,
and that's all it is, a sincere request, that we all try to make this as
good a place as possible to come to enjoy ourselves and not promote hate,
discontent and polarization. In fact, I asked Harry what his thinking was
because, as I've never met Harry, and never had the opportunity to speak
with him personally, he didn't seem to me to be like a person who would
enjoy extreme controversy. I would like to remain Harry's friend, (well as I
see it, but he may not see it that way), but how can I when I have bitter
feelings about another person. Those kind of posts force us, all of us,
covertly or openly to take sides, period.

Yep, you have to do as you think is right, and so does everyone else,
including me. I know that you don't want to be moderated, you've said you
won't, should I be?

Sonny
Post by Sonny
But to answer your questions, I saw the
KKK title, and decided to ask Harry why he posted it after all that's
been
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
said. Ok?
Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by Harry Farkas
24.
About 10 people, including two children, had gathered for the
ceremony.
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
The
Post by Harry Farkas
man who was being initiated was blindfolded, tied with a noose to a
tree
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
and
Post by Harry Farkas
shot with paintball guns as Freeman fired a pistol in the air to
provide
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
the
Post by Harry Farkas
sound of real gunfire, Sheriff Fred Phillips said.
A bullet struck Murr on the top of the head and exited at the bottom
of
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
Post by John Poulos
Post by Sonny
his
Post by Harry Farkas
skull, authorities said.
Freeman fled the ceremony but was arrested near his home, authorities
said.
Post by Harry Farkas
He was released on $7,500 bail.
--
Harry Farkas
******************************
65 Commander Wagonaire
Gordon Richmond
2003-11-26 02:02:10 UTC
You don't suppose that Harry simply thought it was funny, and decided
to share it with his friends, eh?

Gord Richmond
Sonny
2003-11-26 02:08:38 UTC
Not funny to me Gord...........

Sonny
Gord Richmond
bob40
2003-11-25 23:16:01 UTC
I have to say something here.The weekly FAQ says we have no moderator..and
yet it appears we do. I drop in here pretty much everyday and read the
messages..EVERY one of them,I might add. I do it to gain knowledge,advice
and help with my Stude projects.I also enjoy reading about subjects and
ideas I never would have been interested about were they not here.I wear no
blinders.It has been written here that we are all part of the Studebaker
family.Conversation at any family get together would be pretty damn dull if
it was restricted to one and only one subject.In my house if someone hears
or reads something they find interesting,they are welcome to share it.I do
not live in this place 24/7 and I dont post just to see my name in a
thread.Yep...better nip this OT stuff in the bud,as ol' Barney would say.No
more Happy Birthdays...no more notices of births or deaths...better drop the
hammer on wishing a young soldier and their family luck when he/she gets
sent off to Iraq or wherever.Car shows other than Official Stude shows
?...ban em'!!...pics from shows showing off brands?....no way!!..we dont
care about that chitt....Right?....Dont come here looking for advice about
an OT subject like a lease..only Stude talk here mister..dont care how much
knowledge you can share with others about the marque...it's verboten.While
we are at it..dont even think of attempting to tell us if you had a great
day at a vintage salvage yard or heard the funniest joke in your
life...unless it has Studebaker in it...not gonna happen.Lifelong pets die?
no reminiscing here unless it's about a Stude,brother. Pretty sad
thought isnt it to read the above and think it should be that way.Is to me
anyway.This thread was marked OT and nobody made me read it and the comment
about why it was posted after all thats been said here is simple. As a part
of the Studebaker family,every member has the right to contribute and share
thoughts with the others.

Bob40...jumping in with both feet
Sonny
2003-11-25 23:47:43 UTC
Glad we got somebody besides me blabbing away about this. I pretty much
agree with you Bob. I enjoy MOST off topic subjects myself. But I still
don't want anyone to miss *THE POINT*, The ONLY point that I've EVER tried
to make is...... political, religious, politically correct subjects,
alternate lifestyles, government policies, etc., are subjects that have
created extreme discontent here in the past and I don't think they belong
here, period. I don't want to be moderated either Bob, I see that you've
said what you think, I am saying what I think. How about this, if those
SUBJECTS weren't posted, we wouldn't even be having this
discussion..........

Sonny
bob40
2003-11-26 00:12:50 UTC
Ummmmm...I need to work on my sarcasm...My point was that I dont want ANY
subject outlawed.I'm agin' ya..not fer ya on the OT subject Sonny,hence this
line "Pretty sad
thought isnt it to read the above and think it should be that way.Is to me
anyway."
We all can agree or disagree and say what we think. I'll respect anyone who
does.
Sonny

does.
John Poulos
2003-11-26 00:37:31 UTC
Who decides which subjects are taboo and should not be posted and who
will be offended. i.e. I never dreamed anyone would be offended by
suggesting God may have a sense of humor, how else would you explain
the platypus ?
65 Commander Wagonaire
Oldcarfart
2003-11-26 01:29:04 UTC
From: John Poulos
I never dreamed anyone would be offended by
suggesting God may have a sense of humor, how else would you explain
the platypus ?
or the dung beetle, or my ex-wife's ass that looked like a topographical map
made of jello when she walked.
Sonny
2003-11-26 01:47:19 UTC
D'OH! It REALLY looked like that? <LMAO> You're sumpthin' Calvin!

Sonny
Grumpy au Contraire
2003-11-26 02:08:29 UTC
From: John Poulos
I never dreamed anyone would be offended by
suggesting God may have a sense of humor, how else would you explain
the platypus ?
or the dung beetle, or my ex-wife's ass that looked like a topographical map
made of jello when she walked.
Now... That is going Tooooooooooooooo Far!

<eg>
--
JT

Just tooling through cyberspace in my ancient G4
Pat Drnec
2003-11-26 03:39:01 UTC
My ex's ass looked like it was chewing bubble gum. It still may, haven't
sen it in years. See - there's always a sunny side.

I'm with JP and Bob - it's a free space here, and I kind of like hearing
about a bunch of ignorant racists shooting each other at a rally. I'm
just sorry he wasn't using a grenade launcher.

Lighten up, Sonny, or you'll pop somethin' one of these days.
From: John Poulos
I never dreamed anyone would be offended by
suggesting God may have a sense of humor, how else would you explain
the platypus ?
or the dung beetle, or my ex-wife's ass that looked like a topographical map
made of jello when she walked.
--
Remove xxx to email.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers."

1953 Starlight Coupe
1958 Silver Hawk
1963 Avanti R2 R4324
1963 Lark Cruiser (R3 clone in progress)
1963 GT Hawk
1956 2E7
1946 Packard Deluxe Clipper
2000 Boxster S
2000 Titan Phoenix
2002 Jeep Overland
1974 Mikoyan Gurevich 21UM

Alex M
2003-11-26 05:32:22 UTC
Hi Pat
Thought you might like this letter to an ex. To risque to post to the
group though.

Letter to an Ex:

Dear Terri:

I know the counselor said we shouldn't contact each other during our
"cooling off" period, but I couldn't wait anymore. The day you left, I
swore I'd never talk to you again. But that was just the wounded little
boy in me talking. Still, I never wanted to be the first one to make
contact. In my fantasies, it was always you who would come crawling
back to me. I guess my pride needed that. But now I see that my pride's
cost me a lot of things. I'm tired of pretending I don't miss you. I
don't care about looking bad anymore.

I don't care who makes the first move as long as one of us does. Maybe
it's time we let our hearts speak as loudly as our hurt. And this is
what my heart says... "There's no one like you, Terri."

I look for you in the eyes and breasts of every woman I see, but
they're not you. They're not even close. Two weeks ago, I met this girl
at the Rainbow Room and brought her home with me. I don't say this to
hurt you, but just to illustrate the depth of my desperation.

She was young, Terri, maybe 19, with one of those perfect bodies that
only youth and maybe a childhood spent ice skating can give you. I
mean, just a perfect body. Tits you wouldn't believe and an ass like a
tortoise shell. Every man's dream, right?

But as I sat on the couch being blown by this coed, I thought, look at
the stuff we've made important in our lives. It's all so surface. What
does a perfect body mean? Does it make her better in bed? Well, in this
case, yes. But you see what I'm getting at. Does it make her a better
person? Does she have a better heart than my moderately attractive
Terri? I doubt it. And I'd never really thought of that before. I don't
know, maybe I'm just growing up a little.

Later, after I'd tossed her about a quart of throat yogurt, I found
myself thinking, "Why do I feel so drained and empty?" It wasn't just
her flawless technique or her slutty, shameless hunger, but something
else. Some niggling feeling of loss. Why did it feel so incomplete? And
then it hit me. It didn't feel the same because you weren't there,
Terri, to watch. Do you know that I mean? Nothing feels the same
without you, baby.

Jesus, Terri, I'm just going crazy without you. And everything I do
just reminds me of you. Do you remember Carol, that single mom we met
at Mt. Sinai Baptist Church? Well, she drops by last week with a pan of
lasagna. She said she figured I wasn't eating right without a woman
around. I didn't know what she meant till later, but that's not the
real story. Anyway, we have a few glasses of wine and the next thing
you know we're fucking in our old bedroom. And this broad's a total
monster in the sack. She's giving me everything, you know like a real
woman does when she's not hung up about God and her career and whether
the kids can hear us. And all of a sudden she spots that tilting mirror
on your grandmother's old vanity. So she puts it on the floor and we
straddle it, right, so we can watch ourselves. And it's totally hot, but
it makes me sad too. 'Cause I can't help thinking, "Why didn't Terri
ever put the mirror on the floor? We've had this old vanity for what, 14
years, and we never used it as a sex aid." (Some of this I thought about
later.) You know what I mean? What happened to our spontaneity? You get
so caught up in the routine of a marriage and you just lose sight of
each other. And then you lose yourself. That's the saddest part of all
for me.

But I keep thinking we can get it back. I know we can, because I only
want this stuff with you. Saturday, your sister drops by with my copy
of the restraining order. I mean, Shannon's just a kid and all, but
she's got a pretty good head on her shoulders. She's been a real friend
to me during this painful time. She's given me lots of good counsel
about you and about women in general. (She's pulling for us to get back
together, Terri. She really is.)

So we're drinking in the hot tub and talking about happier times.
Here's this hot girl with the same DNA as you (although, let's face it,
she got an extra helping of the sexy gene) and all I can do is think of
how much she looks like you when you were 18. And that just about makes
me cry. And then it turns out Shannon's really into the whole anal
thing and that gets me to thinking about how many times I pressured you
about trying it and how that probably fueled some of the bitterness
between us. But do you see how even then, when I'm thrusting inside the
steaming hot Dutch oven of your sister's cinnamon ring, all I can do is
think of you? It's true, baby. In your heart you know it.

Don't you think we could start over? Just wipe out all the grievances
and start fresh? I think we can. I keep thinking that I think if you'd
just try it, I wouldn't have to pressure you so much. Because who needs
all that bitterness, Terri? It just tears us apart. And I can't be
apart from you.

Because I love you.
VPSkelly
2003-11-26 05:51:28 UTC
Subject: Re: <OT> KKK Physics

From: "Alex M"

Letter to an Ex:

I'm confused, which one is in the KKK <G>
John Poulos
65 Commander Wagonaire
Pat Drnec
2003-11-26 06:05:10 UTC
My sides are aching - that's some funny sh*t.
Jeff Rice
2003-11-26 12:43:16 UTC
Lol...
Which button did you think you hit Alex <g>..
<snip for safety <g>)
Alex M
2003-11-26 16:42:47 UTC
It was an accident I swear! I have to learn to be more careful. Awhile
back I accidentally started to send long risqué message to some guy
friends and saw my religious cousin was in the send list. I couldn't get
it to stop so I hit the off button on the computer.

Alex M
<snip for safety <g>)
John Poulos
2003-11-26 16:51:56 UTC
I had it happen to me in the Navy. I wrote two letters, one to a very
religious chick I was trying to bed, another to a gal that I was already
doing and swapped envelopes. Lost the religious gal, but my f#ck buddy
thought it was funny. <g>
Post by Alex M
Hi Pat
Thought you might like this letter to an ex. To risque to post to
the
Post by Jeff Rice
Post by Alex M
group though.
<snip for safety <g>)
65 Commander Wagonaire
Sonny

Sonny
2003-11-26 06:56:34 UTC
I hit the send before I added another thought I had Pat. I only wish the
other racists, Jessie and Al were standing right next to them with all their
buddies. We could have got 'em all! <G> Hey, does the targeting system and
external stores still work on the MIG? Nah, never mind, too expensive to
waste on them, God 'ill get 'em anyway! <GG>

Sonny
Jeff Rice
2003-11-26 12:43:19 UTC
Yer an interesting person Sonny....inconsistent, but interesting.
Rant about OT post's and then jump in on them....
I think I'll repost a page long tirade from a while back...
No, that would be on topic <g>..
I am glad you are getting back to your old self, and am just believing you
were mad at the world, and not anyone in particular....
Jeff
From: John Poulos
I never dreamed anyone would be offended by
suggesting God may have a sense of humor, how else would you explain
the platypus ?
or the dung beetle, or my ex-wife's ass that looked like a
topographical
Post by Sonny
map
Post by Pat Drnec
Post by Oldcarfart
made of jello when she walked.
--
Remove xxx to email.
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers."
1953 Starlight Coupe
1958 Silver Hawk
1963 Avanti R2 R4324
1963 Lark Cruiser (R3 clone in progress)
1963 GT Hawk
1956 2E7
1946 Packard Deluxe Clipper
2000 Boxster S
2000 Titan Phoenix
2002 Jeep Overland
1974 Mikoyan Gurevich 21UM
News==----
Post by Pat Drnec
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
Newsgroups
Post by Pat Drnec
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
Encryption
=---
Sonny
2003-11-26 19:59:09 UTC
You've heard if ya can't beat 'em............ right? <G> If you check my
posts, you'll see that they're very consistent, I've only ever asked for the
same thing. Thanks Jeff, but I'm honestly my old self, mebbe since it's
getting into the holidays that my tolerance level for those posts goes down.
I've said this before, JP said that sometimes we learn more about each other
than we really wanted to know, TMI, (Too Much Information). I still think
those posts do that, I only want to know what someone thinks about
Studebakers while I'm here. BUT, what the hell, if I have to take sides
here, I might as well stick up for my side right? <G> I only wish the people
who've sent me e-mail would say something here, it seems to me that they're
afraid to post how they really feel, and that shouldn't be the case. Nope,
honestly, I suuuure don't want to be mad at anybody here, that's always been
my point. I think I've said this before also, I try not to hold grudges,
just turns around on a fella. <G>

Sonny
From: John Poulos
I never dreamed anyone would be offended by
suggesting God may have a sense of humor, how else would you explain
the platypus ?
or the dung beetle, or my ex-wife's ass that looked like a
topographical
Post by Sonny
map
Post by Pat Drnec
Post by Oldcarfart
made of jello when she walked.
--
Remove xxx to email.
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers."
1953 Starlight Coupe
1958 Silver Hawk
1963 Avanti R2 R4324
1963 Lark Cruiser (R3 clone in progress)
1963 GT Hawk
1956 2E7
1946 Packard Deluxe Clipper
2000 Boxster S
2000 Titan Phoenix
2002 Jeep Overland
1974 Mikoyan Gurevich 21UM
News==----
Post by Pat Drnec
100,000
Post by Sonny
Newsgroups
=---
Jeff Rice
2003-11-26 21:40:38 UTC
No sweat Sonny...
You get to buy the beer in Charlotte <g>...
Jeff (now THAT is consistency! <g>) Rice
Post by Jeff Rice
From: John Poulos
I never dreamed anyone would be offended by
suggesting God may have a sense of humor, how else would you explain
the platypus ?
or the dung beetle, or my ex-wife's ass that looked like a
topographical
Post by Sonny
map
Post by Pat Drnec
Post by Oldcarfart
made of jello when she walked.
--
Remove xxx to email.
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
not screaming in terror like his passengers."
1953 Starlight Coupe
1958 Silver Hawk
1963 Avanti R2 R4324
1963 Lark Cruiser (R3 clone in progress)
1963 GT Hawk
1956 2E7
1946 Packard Deluxe Clipper
2000 Boxster S
2000 Titan Phoenix
2002 Jeep Overland
1974 Mikoyan Gurevich 21UM
News==----
Post by Pat Drnec
100,000
Post by Sonny
Newsgroups
=---
Sonny
2003-11-26 01:45:59 UTC
<G> Well, let's see, which ones cause the arguments. <G> I don't say that
it's a taboo thing, I'm suggesting avoiding subjects that would cause hard
feelings if we were face to face having a normal conversation. For some
reason, as I type this, it doesn't seem like so much to ask of friends from
here, but..... Uhm, BTW, how come we, you an I, have never talked about
politics, religion or any of "those" subjects ANY of the times that I've
seen ya? <G>

I KNOW that you never dreamed that suggestion would piss someone off. I
never dreamed that someone saying that they missed the good old days would
start a big fight either. <G> It probably wouldn't have made me mad about
that comment if I wasn't familiar with your poulo-tics. <G> I know how you
dislike KKK members and God had a chance to show that fella that he don't
like 'em either. THAT is what it looked like to me. Would it help you to
understand if I told you that those people are members of my family?

Hmmmm, well the truth is, it wasn't anyone I know, but damn it, this place
is big enough that it COULD have been, get it? How did you feel when you
read that? I am SURE you immediately felt alienated from me, mebbe even
angry, and you've seen, talked and had dinner with me quite a few times!!!
Has anyone tried to push their politics on you at ANY Studebaker event or
place? Why should this place be any different? THAT is my ONLY point, treat
me like you would if you were standing in front of me or sitting next to me
having dinner.

As far as I'm concerned, those folks who think it's OK to post anything you
want to post on the Studebaker news group, have at it. I AM a little
disappointed that I've been the only person, except for a welcome few,
who've complained. I'm convinced, there must only be a few who even care,
now I think THAT is sad and certainly not what I expected......

Oh, one last comment, if I chose to attend the political, religious, voting,
race, deviate lifestyle, etc. glut of OT posts, I suuuure don't want to hear
one complaint about what I think about the subject!!!! I have an opinion
too, and if someone posts that stuff, that is the exact same thing as
putting a "line in the dirt", that's how I see it. At least I'll know where
I have to align myself, who's faction I like better, who is "better" than
whom, who's right, who I should avoid, who I can talk to without walking on
egg shells, AND who I can't stand so much that we BOTH lose out in our love
of a old friggin car...... It's all good, right? Enjoy .............

Sonny (last words, I don't wanna bother anybody else with this shit
again..........
65 Commander Wagonaire
Brian Scott
2003-11-26 11:03:56 UTC
Everyone has their own "line in the dirt", it is just not in the same place
as mine<g>. I try to keep that thought in mind when reading the OT posts,
IF I chose to read them. bs
65 Commander Wagonaire
Studegary
2003-11-26 19:58:47 UTC
I have been skipping over most of the OT posts lately. My main concern is for
someone that is not a regular here. Someone that is just stopping here to find
out some information about Studebakers would get a strange impression of this
group. I do not think that all OT posts should be banned, but I do think that
the group has gone overboard on some lately. Please realize that many that are
just coming to the group, probably trolls, will not even know what "OT" means
in the header.
Gary L.
Studebaker Drivers Club Director - Northeast Zone
35 year member of Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc.
Sonny

John Poulos
2003-11-26 20:55:40 UTC
Well, it is a strange group. Seriously, if I ever saw a newbie's
question ignored, I'd be one of the first to speak up. I think we're
just going a phase where the Studebaker topics were slim, and we got
bored. Remember the Pinto off a building thread, now that was
strange.<g> If we all could just share one Studebaker post a day, we
wouldn't side tracked as much and the newbies and lurkers could help by
keeping us entertained.
65 Commander Wagonaire
Oldcarfart
2003-11-26 22:55:14 UTC
I do not think that all OT posts should be banned, but I do think that
the group has gone overboard on some lately.
this has to be the mellowist (sp?) NG I ever see, so if the narrative irks you,
just move on! the next post may make you happy.
Ron /Champ 6
2003-11-27 00:10:08 UTC
Hey Gary! Look! We agree on something! <G>
Post by Studegary
I have been skipping over most of the OT posts lately. My main concern is for
someone that is not a regular here. Someone that is just stopping here to find
out some information about Studebakers would get a strange impression of this
group. I do not think that all OT posts should be banned, but I do think that
the group has gone overboard on some lately. Please realize that many that are
just coming to the group, probably trolls, will not even know what "OT" means
in the header.
Gary L.
Studebaker Drivers Club Director - Northeast Zone
35 year member of Studebaker Drivers Club, Inc.
Ron/Champ 6

1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6)
1962 Lark Daytona Convertible (Boomerang)
1992 VW Passat (Taxi)
1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk)
Studegary
2003-11-27 00:29:25 UTC
Post by Ron /Champ 6
Hey Gary! Look! We agree on something! <G>
Ron - I think that if we got together there would be more that we agree on than
disagree on. Yes, I saw the "<G>". <G>
Ron /Champ 6

1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk)
Sonny

65 Commander Wagonaire
Harry Farkas
2003-11-26 02:49:02 UTC
Jeez guys, I go shopping for a couple of hours and come back to another
tempest in a teapot.

I think I have mentioned before that I am a weird news aficionado. I used to
write columns about weird news and strange websites for a webzine. I am also
a member of the Board of Editorial Advisors for Chuck Shepherd's nationally
syndicated column, News of the Weird (http://www.newsoftheweird.com) to
which I contribute material.

Fact is that when I got interested in Studebakers and this newsgroup, I lost
some of my interest in weird news in favor of reading about Studes,
including posts about models I will never own and mechanical problems I will
never try to deal with myself.

I like reading about Studes in this newsgroup and don't mind reading about
nearly anything else. The group is a good source for jokes, the latest on
Hooters, and for other more serious birth, death, etc. issues. Sometimes I
get the breaking national or international news here before I see it
elsewhere.

I have generally tried to keep my political views and off-beat interests out
of this group, and especially tried to stay out of political discussions
that could lead to a loss of respect for other posters (or vice versa). I
have seen what trolls and flamers have done in other groups and it has been
a lot worse than anything I have seen in this group.

I had no desire to stir up any arguments here. I appreciate that Sonny has
taken the lead to help the newsgroup stay on track. I too think OT posts
should be marked as such. But I also agree that developing an online
community like this one necessarily will lead to posts that are off-topic
whether personal, political, or just humorous. I think moderators can keep
out some of the flaming nutcases, but I've also seen moderators and their
choices become the focus of discussions. There are other forums for those
who just want to talk about specific Stude topics and those topics only.

I do think there is hope for people in the KKK. For an example, see
http://snurl.com/35e4 (redirect) or
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_25-10-2003_pg9_3

But the only reason I posted the KKK news story was because I thought it was
funny and I wanted to share it here.

It's gonna be a long winter here and we are going to have to talk about
something other than Studes some time. So mark your subjects accordingly and
maybe everyone will be happy. *Sheesh*

Harry
--
Harry Farkas
******************************
65 Commander Wagonaire
Jeff Rice
2003-11-26 03:06:00 UTC
I like that part the best Harry <g>
Jeff

"Harry Farkas" wrote:
<snip>
*Sheesh*
Dave's Place
2003-11-26 03:23:35 UTC
Post by Harry Farkas
Jeez guys, I go shopping for a couple of hours and come back to another
tempest in a teapot.
Seems like one version or the other of the FAQ says something like, "Welcome
to the Studebaker News Group!" <G> This is us!
Post by Harry Farkas
I had no desire to stir up any arguments here.
You won't get away with that, Bucko!
Post by Harry Farkas
I too think OT posts should be marked as such.
You posted too early, concessions have been made so that is no longer a
requirement. Still optional as a courtesy, though.
Post by Harry Farkas
But the only reason I posted the KKK news story was because I thought it was
funny and I wanted to share it here.
It not only was funny, it still is. It was not political, racist, nor
religious. It was a story about some dumb asses that got together: One of
them paid the price for being a dumb ass, and one will get to pay later.
It's like an "America's Dumbest Criminals" story, that's all.

That's funny.
Post by Harry Farkas
It's gonna be a long winter here and we are going to have to talk about
something other than Studes some time. So mark your subjects accordingly and
maybe everyone will be happy.
If you feel compelled to do that, study up on the new header rules, Harry.
I'm following Staffs' recommendation. <G>
Post by Harry Farkas
*Sheesh*
I could be offended by that comment, but I'll let it pass.

Dave Lester and the Ain't This The Pits Crew
Home of 'Sheba, the Internationally Renowned Studebaker Under Construction
http://members.provalue.net/studes/
Sonny
2003-11-26 06:22:45 UTC
I understand Harry, and especially happy that you understand what I was
tying to say. There's no doubt that I might have gotten a bit
over-sensitized by the topics lately, but I'm chillin' out. Thanks again
Harry. <G>

Sonny
65 Commander Wagonaire
Jeff DeWitt
2003-11-27 02:10:51 UTC
I regularly attend events where it is common at the end for everyone to join
hands and say the Lords prayer. Once in a while someone will laugh at the
beginning or during the prayer, and the first couple of times it offended
me. However then it occurred to me that God invented laughter too (and for
that as for many things I'm thankful). Those people are certainly not
laughing at God, and don't mean to be disrespectful, but sometimes when your
feeling good and happy to be alive laughter comes out.

Never mind the platypus, if God didn't have a sense of humor how do you
explain Basset Hounds?

Jeff DeWitt
65 Commander Wagonaire
Ron Butts
2003-11-26 01:17:35 UTC
Sonny
The Ng family is no different than a family unit. I don't know of any
family that limits conversation to one topic and one topic only. If we as a
family (your description, not mine) cannot occasionally post and have verbal
intercourse and an exchange of thoughts, principles and ideals about
subjects other than Studebaker related, then by definition, we are no damn
family. In the last 3 years I have seen members of this NG driven off
because someone didn't like what they had to say. In my opinion this is
bullshit. Sonny, we don't need a self styled moderator and overseer of this
NG who questions the motives behind each OT post.
Ron
Sonny

F***@webtv.net
2003-11-27 20:27:18 UTC
KKK or not. damn well serves em right screwing around with bullets. its
just a shame this chance to thin the herd was missed IMHO!
F***@webtv.net
2003-11-27 20:26:00 UTC
F***@webtv.net
2003-11-27 20:27:44 UTC
AMEN BOB40!

Dave's Place
2003-11-25 23:43:08 UTC
Post by Harry Farkas
About 10 people, including two children, had gathered for the ceremony.
Sounds like they were about 9 bullets short. I hate to see children hurt,
but if they are being raised by the klan....
kkk
Alex M

The New Mexico Cruiser
Jeff Rice
2003-11-26 12:43:18 UTC
Maybe it was the long lost round from the second gunman in Dallas <g>...
Post by Harry Farkas
skull, authorities said.
Freeman fled the ceremony but was arrested near his home, authorities
said.
Post by Harry Farkas
He was released on $7,500 bail.
--